Village Green features maintenance-free luxury townhomes that are designed for a modern lifestyle while capturing the character of traditional Midwest architecture. Models start in the low $200,000s (prices subject to change).
Village Green at Coffee Creek captures all the charm of the rural Midwest in an idyllic community just minutes from landmark cultural and entertainment destinations.
True to the small town ideal, Coffee Creek offers a quaint downtown square, ringed with unique boutiques and coffee shops. In the summer and fall, the town park hosts farmers markets and weekly outdoor ‘Movie Nights.’
The Village Center is built along a prairie restoration park that combines natural public spaces with the Village Green civic amenities, including an outdoor amphitheater with seating for more than 400, extensive brick-paved walking trails, overlooks, boardwalks, water plaza and a spacious outdoor pavilion featuring two picturesque fireplaces.
Settled among hundreds of acres of green space and environmental restoration, Coffee Creek Center has become a national model for sustainable development. While the land contains 17 acres of non-buildable areas and wetlands, nearly 250 acres are contained in the preserved green space, parks and constructed wetlands—a haven for hikers, bikers and nature lovers.
Water sports and beach enthusiasts will enjoy easy access to the Indiana Dunes, just 10 miles away, and golfers can tee-off at the Sand Creek Country Club. Of course, one might also opt to while-away leisurely hours exploring the shopping, dining and evening entertainment surrounding nearby Valparaiso University.
ENERGY SAVING FEATURES
- Jeld-Wen LOW-E thermo pane casement windows
- Owens Corning R-38 ceiling insulation
- Owens Corning R-15 wall insulation SEER 13 rated central air conditioning
- Insulated continuous poured concrete foundation
- 92% high efficiency gas furnace, programmable thermostat
- High efficiency power vent water heater
- 200 amp electrical service
- Tyvek weatherization barrier house wrap Glass lined, gas fired water heater
- Sill sealer under exterior wall plates
- Low-flow faucets & showerheads, cutting water usage while maintaining water pressure
- Independent inspection and testing for verification of Resnet Energy Smart requirement
- Attached 2 car garage, drywalled and painted; automatic opener.
- 16’ x 7’ steel embossed panel insulated garage door with windows
- Owens Corning limited lifetime warranted architectural shingles
- Aluminum soffits, fascia, downspouts and gutters
- Frameless reveal windows with wood trim ledge and apron
- Professionally designed and installed landscaping – Prairie Style; lawn sprinkler system
- Concrete driveway, public walks and patio per plan
- Direct-wired smoke detectors
- Prewired telephone and cable jacks
- Stone accents with stone address blocks
- Maintenance free hard board siding
- Two exterior ground fault electrical outlets
- Two frost proof hose spigots
- Choice of designer lighting to accent interior
- Schlage exterior and interior door hardware
- Choice of white trim and raised panel doors –or- stained oak trim and flush oak doors
- 4.25” base trim and 2 7/8” window and door trim
- WilsonArt laminate countertops in wide range of latest finishes
- Cultured marble vanity countertops
- Cabinet designs ranging from classic to contemporary, all in various stains
- Multiple textures and colors of ceramic flooring for foyer, kitchen, and baths
- Shaw wall to wall carpet in your choice of Frieze or smooth texture plush
- Sherwin Williams interior paint in a variety of colors
- Dishwasher and gas range with hood
- Full view, optimally lit vanity mirrors
- Dayton Elite, double bowl stainless kitchen sink
- Fiberock Aqua-Tough ceramic tile underlayment for a smoother, uniform surface
- Wall Street Journal – Dream Home Awards – 2009 Silver Award
Town of Chesterton
726 Broadway, Chesterton Indiana 46304
Phone: (219) 926-1641
(South Shore Service into Chicago)
Fun Fact: In 1958, Evan Murrs created the first electric bicycle powered by Lithium-Ion batteries in the shop class at Chesterton High School.
Duneland School Corporation is located in Northwest Indiana and serves over 5000 students from a 92 square-mile area including Westchester, Jackson, Liberty and parts of Pine Townships, all located in Porter County. Duneland consists of five elementary schools (grades K-4), two intermediate schools (grades 5-6), a middle school (grades 7-8) and a high school (grades 9-12). Each school has a hot lunch program and bus service is provided to all students living outside of walking boundaries.