Things to Consider when Choosing a Lot
There are many factors to consider when choosing a lot on which to build, most of which impact the budget, so it’s important to know the answers to these questions early in the process.
- Has the lot been improved or do electric lines need to be run to the property?
- Is municipal water and sewer available to this property, or does it require well and septic?
- What are the setback requirements? Driveway length?
- Are there any community covenants that apply to this property? Some communities require brick or stone facades, and that expense needs to be accounted for in your quote.
- Is the land wooded and require tree removal?
Once you have identified a lot on which to build, a Phillippe Builders’ representative will conduct a complimentary site evaluation to assess the condition of the property and determine if there are other considerations needed in order to build on the land.